“You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14-16, The Message).
The Lake Union communication team desires to be light-bearers. We want to be used by God to show the world His loving and generous character as we support the Lake Union administration, local conference communication directors and constituents.
Here are some ways the communication team serves the Lake Union:
- Produces the Lake Union Herald monthly, the official publication of the Lake Union Headquarters, and manages its circulation
- Maintains the Lake Union Headquarters' website
- Provides videography services
- Offers communication enrichment workshops
- Develops educational resources
- Addresses public media during crises